Founder of Lanzetter’s jewellers, born in Austria in the late 1850’s Jacob was trading as a watchmaker and Jeweller at 100 Great Moor Street in Bolton during 1902. By 1911 he had another branch at 40a Newport Street, and 63 Knowesley Street by 1916. By 1922 the business was at 4-6 Great Moor Street where it remained until 1969.
The Horological Journal states that Jacob was a “well known and much respected figure in the trade at Bolton, where he had been established since 1902……known for his skill and craftsmanship. …..The business will be carried on by his two sons.”
On Jacob’s death in 1940 his two brothers took over the business.